Jordan Mazzaroli will race in the Formula 4 category next year

Original article written by Chris Boulous and published in the Liverpool City Champion

Chipping Norton kart racer Jordan Mazzaroli is stepping up to the big time in 2017.

The 15-year-old will be on the starting grid for the 2017 CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship.

Mazzaroli, who has raced karts at club and NSW championship level during the past two years, will make the move to the pre-eminent open-wheel development category in Australia next year.

He has signed with Formula 4 team Junior Racing Developments.

“For as long as I can remember I have always had an interest in motor racing, especially Formula one cars.  At 13 years of age I started racing karts and immediately knew that a career as a race car driver was for me,” he said.

“I’m excited about this next phase in my motor racing career.  The Formula 4 car is amazing to drive and can reach 240 km/h”.

“It will be awesome to be racing at some of the same tracks as the V8 Supercars around Australia.”

For Mazzaroli, who one day hopes to race in Formula One, he first drove a Formula 4 car when he was one of 12 kart drivers selected to attend a CAMS Elite Karting Academy earlier this year.

Following successful testing he jumped at the chance to compete in the Formula 4 Championship which starts at Sandown Raceway in April next year.

The seven round series has races across the country, concluding on the Gold Coast in October.

“I believe the Formula 4 Championship is the best category in Australia to help me achieve my ultimate goal to become a Formula One driver,” he said.

Mazzaroli is currently looking for extra sponsors to help him on his journey.

r0_0_960_540_w1200_h678_fmax

Need for speed: Jordan Mazzaroli at a recent Formula 4 testing day. He is sponsored by Real Equity Estate Agents at Chipping Norton.

%d bloggers like this: