Ministry

Authentic Catholic schools are founded on the person of Jesus Christ and enlivened by the Gospel. The College actively responds to the mission of Catholic education through:

• providing a systematic and structured religious education program in line with the guidelines established in the Archdiocesan Religious Education Curriculum 
  • seeking to provide opportunity for the growth in student faith development through: religious education programs, the liturgical and prayer life of the College and social justice programs.
  • providing opportunities for the community to reflect on the many diverse modes that they may use to acknowledge their culture and celebrate the ways that young people may become involved in the Church.
  • emphasising the Gospel values of love, compassion and service, encouraging one another to be Christ’s light in our contemporary world.
  • acknowledging the importance of pastors in the development of the total school community.

quote-DOWNer-transI was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. quote-UPUPUP-trans

(Matthew 25:35-40)

The founding Religious Orders of our College, the Patrician Brothers and the Sisters of Charity, were both
IMG_9454 established to help the poor and the disadvantaged within society and this is a tradition that the College strives to keep alive. Catholic Social Teaching has been described as a form of ‘faith in action’ and is a way of reflecting upon and responding to the call of Jesus as it relates to contemporary society. The College’s Ministry Program responds to this calling through:

• Working in close partnership with the All Saints Parish
  • The Student Representative Council (SRC), Social Justice Committee and the Evangelisation Group working towards not only raising awareness about issues of injustice at both the local, national and international level, but also providing practical opportunities to make a real difference
  • Regular staff and student involvement with St. Vincent De Paul initiatives and programs
  • Actively fundraising and supporting Caritas and the Delany Foundation

The Patrician Brothers and Sisters of Charity’s active involvement in College life (eg. assemblies, masses, Patrician Induction Days, Staff Faith Formation, Sisters of Charity Street Retreat).